Talk Is Cheap
Instead of dreaming about taking a trip, you could be buying a ticket.
Instead of fantasizing about working for yourself, you could be writing a resignation letter to take with you to work tomorrow morning.
Instead of wishing you could meditate, you could be applying for a meditation retreat.
- Who can I pay to do this?
- Who will pay me to do this?
- What version of this can I do right now?
- How can I create deadlines that involve a commitment to someone else?
- How far away is this from where I am right now?
- What alternatives versions are more closely linked to my present situation?
- Who will be upset if I don’t do this?
…this goal, idea, project, desire, plan — how can I turn it from a fuzzy, wishful dream into a situation where someone is spending their money or commiting their time?